Tuesday, June 14, 2011

don't underestimate wal-mart

I am a student at JMU and we have a Wal-Mart Superstore right next to campus, I know what you're thinking, Wal-Mart is just a cheap place to buy shampoo and they have gross clothes. WRONG. Freshman year my friends and I became obsessed with wally world because none of us had cars and we could walk to it from the dorm.

It has great solid swimsuits, scarves, stretchy headbands, and yes, even going out clothes.

Check out some of my best wally finds and be amazed.


OP bikini, $6.00 top, $6.00 bottom


my dress - Miley Cyrus, $12.00, my friend's top - Miley Cyrus, around $8.00


Scarf - $5.00 


Pirate costume t-shirt - Little boy's department, $10.00


No one would ever guess that any of those clothes are from Wal-Mart because they're so cute! I don't care where I get my clothes from so I'll admit that they came from a discount superstore, but if you don't want to spill your secret you can always pass it off as being from Forever 21. 

Wally also has great solid white v-neck shirts, I buy men's size small and wear them around the dorm or with leggings and a cute scarf. 

Need a t-shirt for a theme party? Check out the little kid's section, they have band t-shirts perfect if you're going to a stereotypes party and want to be a punk rocker, or need a cute tee to wear for St. Patricks' Day.

The men's section also has great sweatpants, (complete with pockets!) for only $5.00 and my girls and I from freshman year stocked up on men's button down henelys, so cute with leggings and boots for winter. 

So don't underestimate the things you can find at Wal-Mart! Who doesn't love a good bargin? 

1 comment:

  1. AWEE button down henleys <3

    my fave part is -- but if you don't want to spill your secret you can always pass it off as being from Forever 21

    ReplyDelete