Friday, July 1, 2011

red velvet cupcakes

I wanted to make a festive cupcake for the 4th of July because it is my favorite holiday, so I decided to do a red velvet! Red velvet are great cupcakes to make if you're not sure of someone's preferences because the cake flavor doesn't really fall under vanilla or chocolate, and who doesn't love cream cheese frosting?


The recipe called for two tablespoons of red food coloring, so I thought that one little bottle would be enough, but that only gave me one tablespoon of coloring. Hence why the cupcakes are a little more on the pink side instead of the rich red I was hoping for. 



And I topped them with an obnoxious decorations from Giant, but I like to pretend the raspberry makes them a little more classy :) The raspberry goes really well with the cream cheese frosting, it reminds me of cheesecake a little! 


Happy Fourth! 


No comments:

Post a Comment